Do you have a brilliant business idea that has great potential for import substitution? We have just the right programme for you! The Venture Creation Programme is a BQA Accredited Level 3 fast paced 3 month programme crafted to help turn your idea into a launch-able startup.
- Its is an action-based training programme that focuses on development of entrepreneurship competencies to start a new venture. Participants visualize their business idea and identify market opportunities.
- Within 3 months, participants give life to these ideas and generate business models that creatively leverage their value proposition and assess financial feasibility.
- These are translated into actionable Business Plans that put participants in a strong position to apply for funding. Participants create support networks and recognize key resources that ensure that their idea is successfully launched.
The programme is structured into 2 week long intensive training and 10 weeks of one on one coaching and mentoring sessions that leads to establishment of a well defined business model, translated into an actionable Business Plan. The programme is action packed with Mind Development Sessions/Workshops and interactions with successful and established entrepreneurs.
The aim of the Graduate Venture Creation Programme can be broadly stated as providing participants with:
- Ability to identify needs in the community and develop feasible business ideas to address those needs.
- Skills of discovering own motivations to start a business and match those to the Personal Entrepreneurial Competencies.
- Self-awareness skills to be able to use ones strengths and limitations for one to become an entrepreneur.
- Knowledge of the process of new experiential learning
- Knowledge of the process of new enterprise formation – From Idea to Launch
- Gain competency in entrepreneurial thinking and understand all elements of the entrepreneurial process, from idea to launch.
- Knowledge and comprehension of the business environment in Botswana.
- Knowledge of identifying business opportunities in Botswana.
- The skill of evaluating business models with the view of selecting a suitable one based on the entrepreneurial competencies.
- The skill of developing a Business Plan and sourcing funding
- Leadership and people management skills applied in an enterprise