Venture Creation Labs is a dynamic business laboratory geared at supporting and strengthening the local startup community. The lab supports the overall mission of IED through training, mentoring and investing in viable and disruptive startups with import substitution potential. In line with the larger IED mandate, we have several key areas’ of focus which are Import Substitution, Youth Employment Creation and Women Economic Empowerment. We have crafted a mix of startup and business programmes, workshops, seminars, training, networking and business support clinics all geared towards enabling our EITs to start businesses and contribute to the long-term sustainability of the nation; we guide EITs through the entrepreneurial process, from idea to launch and beyond.
The Lab Offers:
- Venture Creation, Incubation and Acceleration
- An opportunity to interract with like minded individuals in a controlled and enabling business environment
- Training, Mentoring and Business Coaching
- Boot Camps, Seminars, Workshops and all forms of Leadership Programmes
- Access to a network of business experts for mentoring and guidance.
- Workshops and seminars on a variety of entrepreneurship and business topics
- Market Access Support
- Access to Funding Opportunities
- Accounting and Legal Support
- Hot desking
- Basic company secretarial services including PPADB and EDD facilitation
- Well-resourced business support library with up to 3000 business textbooks
- Computer lab with internet connectivity